View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 07:07 PM   #884 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,711 Posts
Big cash out.

I don't remember me or anyone else sharing any get-rich-quick schemes. However, I remember us agreeing that if one worked better than selling a plan they would do it, not teach it.

I bought Homemade Home's ebook.

It was $5. It wasn't earthshattering, but I wouldn't expect that for $5.

Did that guy get lucky?

He has bought and fixed up several houses this way.

Did he get lucky several times?

He says over and over that home prices in his area may not be representative of other areas, but the same rules would apply.

World Population Review says that Mississippi is the cheapest state for buying a home, but I cannot find any sold home data. I tried Zillow, Redfin, and other sites. It shows sold houses, but no prices.

Here is a 4-bedroom, 2-bath house with 1,450 square feet for sale in Gulfport for $99,000. It has been for sale for 31 days, so clearly it isn't even worth that much.

It looks like they bought it for $30k and are attempting to flip it, so yes, I can imagine scouring that city for an abandoned house, finding out that the person who is supposed to own it never received the title, and then needing to track down the title and paying back taxes, then buying a small home for $10k.

I am sure that an abandoned house in California would go for more than a remodeled house in my area.