Thread: Steam power...
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 10:33 AM   #29 (permalink)
Piotrsko
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,164 Times in 1,028 Posts
I dunno. For starters there are various winding schemes and power inputs. As an example the differences between series DC and SEPEX. Then you add multiphase AC vs DC, Axial flux, magnets vs windings. Kinda like the traditional arguments in fuel power: which produces the best power result for the application. Power transfer gets next: I can't see any reason to have a CVT in an electric car since my torque is constant if I stay ahead of back Emf but that is better answered by @oilpan4 (seeing if this site's organized like the others)

Finally: the EV response to MOAR POWER has been to increase watt inputs to the point of zorching the motor. Hmmm Just like regular motors, but different "fuel"

You don't need huge quantities of batteries unless you want lots of range

Hmm this makes me wonder what a diameter increase on my Kostov would gain me, particularly if I increase from 8" rotor to say perhaps 20" and yes I know that means a whole new motor

Last edited by Piotrsko; 03-29-2022 at 10:38 AM..