View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 05:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gasguzzler
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Waiting game till gas is $4 or $5 a gallon is not the time to discover fuel efficient vehicles.
You are better off parking the gas guzzler because right now, you would just about have to pay someone to take it. That way you don't that get screwed twice. A used fuel efficient vehicle is going to cost at least 50% more than it did 2 years ago.
I've always been into fuel efficient vehicles. I had a Honda with a grill dam and a kill switch that got 45-50mpg. I had an awd subaru with a grill damn, kill switch, and belly pan that would get 35-40mpgs.
I've done some experiments with diesels and electric conversions.
A friend of mine and I put a 3 cylinder Kubota diesel in a geo metro and managed to get around 80mpg on used motor oil.
So I wouldn't say I am just discovering fuel efficient cars. These cars have been run through the ground and replaced with cheaper and less efficient vehicles.

My v8 truck owes me nothing. I bought it for 500 bucks used, spent a grand to make in run and drive, and made a living for the past 3 years doing landscaping hauling cars, campers, tractors and scrap. I have it listed at kbb value and just need it gone. I am going back to school and moving to the city so having a big truck is no longer necessary.

I have noticed ecobox car prices have gone through the roof but so has everything else. I don't want to set a record as I will always own a truck, I just decided to join the forum to chat about ways to make a truck more efficient.