View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 01:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Phase
Master EcoModder

Black Bullet - '19 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
' don't know what happened to Phase, but I'll go ahead and share some of the preliminary data:
* To satisfy the 41-mpg @ 80-mph metric established by Motor Trend, the IONIQ's EPA HWY rating would be achieved at a constant 63-mph, under standard SAE conditions.
* If we accept Wolf Heinrich Hucho's lower limit of technical feasibility at, Cd 0.09, then, the IONIQ would be capable of 68.18-mpg @ 80-mph.
* Under this condition, the engine would recognize a road load equal to the OEM IONIQ @ 49-mph.
* The BEV IONIQ would return approx. 165-mpg-e @ 80-mph.
* One fairly recent vehicle which satisfies the Cd 0.09 requirement is the 2013, Team Polyjoule racer.
# 306
Sorry for the late reply. Was literally in the middle of a 3500 mile round trip road trip out west here with 6 dollars a gallon gas lol. Ioniq was just guzzling it the whole time. Warmer temps seemed to help boost a little when I got to Arizona, but I ran into so many head winds that tanked my mpg.

I wish there were some after market hood looking aero side mirrors. I definitely want to build a rear wheel spat, but I wish I knew how much of a difference it would actually make. Also I wonder if making an after market spoiler in the back that angles farther down and extended out a little more, then lips up at the tip would help reduce the wake a lot more, without making a full boat tail. I’ve noticed that the back of Ioniq is pretty big when it comes to wake size versus a Prius prime and Tesla model 3 and obviously every other modern sedan
The Following User Says Thank You to Phase For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-31-2022)