View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 01:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
any opinions on doing cfd simulations for aero and mods?
Just one. Someone will do an Add-on for Blender 3.x for CFD that will take advantage of the Open VDB that is already integrated into the program.

Quote:
OpenVDB
https://www.openvdb.org
OpenVDB is an Academy Award-winning open-source C++ library comprising a novel hierarchical data structure and a suite of tools for the efficient storage and manipulation of sparse volumetric data discretized on three-dimensional grids. It was developed by DreamWorks Animation for use in volumetric applications typically encountered in feature ...
The physics engine has particle physics already. Above my pay grade. I find this today, haven't read yet:

Quote:
best practice for CFD simulation rendering - Chaos Forums
Search domain forums.chaos.comray-for-3ds-max-problems › 74730-best-practice-for-cfd-simulation-rendering
Thanks, I tried on google buth CFD + VDB export lead to zero result. Matlab, Ansys... none of this CFD software support the Open VDB or F3D format. That's weird! Comment. Post Cancel. fraggle. Senior Member ... then from Paraview to blender for the rendering. If blender can do it I believed that Vray and max can do it! here are the list of CFD ...