View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 05:22 PM   #781 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,259 Times in 4,679 Posts
# 748 ( permalink)? there is no 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Everything I have available comes over a twisted pair copper wire.

Interestingly, the part you edited out of post #7448 is that which you seek. Plain truth, but you must understand that it is a mix of breadcrumbs to bake, Op Int jargon and intentional misdirect that requires a close reading.

The preferred high-data-rate delivery mechanism is a combination of picture and text. Example:

knowyourmeme.com/page/3
'Plain truth' isn't something that falls within the domain of science.
A topic must be able to be operationally defined.
It must be capable of being mathematicalized.
Example:
1) If Oilpan4 says there was some percent chance that a mega solar flare would cause many trillions of dollars in damage to Earth by 2020, we'd need to be clear that it was a 'flare' that was going to do the damage.
2) Some model would have to exist, such that the coordinates of the flare, entered into this model, and after the program ran, created output coordinates which placed the 'flare' on a collision course with Earth's orbit in 2020.
3) And it would be of such amplitude that, it would transform life as we know it, to the tune of trillions of dollars in losses ( the entire global economy ).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4) From my reading, no solar flare has ever left the Sun.
5) That poses an extreme challenge to the veracity of Oilpan 4's argument.
6) A predictive model for an Earth collision with a solar flare would, on the face of it, be as asinine as could be imagined.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7) A CME would be a different kettle of fish!
8) WIRE doesn't mention one.
9) Oilpan4 doesn't mention one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 ) Over the last year, the times I looked into any space weather claims by Oilpan4 , I found no basis in fact for any of them.
If I go to NASA, and query space storms, like a Carrington Event, they say that as long as we have replacement transformers on hand, it would only be a minor inconvenience for most.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2020 came and went, and the end of the world never registered.