View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 02:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

This discussion brings up a point.

Ice cap albedo is not the only form of albedo and is minimal in comparison to the other albedo changing activities we as humans perform.

I read an article years ago on a piece of newsprint that discussed the increased average temperatures across the Los Angeles basin simply because of the dark albedo created by pavement and roofs. It then stated that eastern counties such as the Inland Empire and Palm Springs were effected to some degree by this mass of hot air moving across on prevailing winds. On the other hand, the El Centro Valley, which was a desert before man used the Colorado to irrigate it, sees a temperature drop because of the increased vegetation (farmland).

My point is this. If after curtailing or stopping the output of CO2, the climate warms anyways because of other activities such as albedo changing consturcts, deforestation and farming being only some of them? How about the effect of the oceanic environment? We know so little about the ocean and it covers so much of our planet.

If you force me to destroy my economies by using only wind and solar power and I find that all that effort did nothing to stop disaster, . . . I'm coming to your house and punching you in the nose!
The Following User Says Thank You to RustyLugNut For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-25-2022)