View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 08:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

One of my most memorable pullovers, was when I was doing a cross-country trip from Newberg Oregon to Tennessee. I was driving a 1970 Ford TorinoTYPE N/W( a regional special edition). I was approaching the downtown core area of Kansas City on the freeway at night, and I got pulled over because I was not showing any kind of a normal license plate on the back. I actually had taken a plastic iced dealer promo and turned it around the other way so it was simply a plain white plastic looking thing. I had a temporary Oregon permit which way back in the day in with strangely weird Oregon directions was to be placed in the lower right corner of the windshield. When I told the officer I had a legal official sticker in the front he just like completely lost it. I told him you're more than welcome to come inside the car and use your flashlight to verify my claim. I don't know why in that period of time Oregon thought that a front temporary sticker was a great idea. What officer usually normally checks a car out from the front? So where he stopped me I was actually on the beginning of a bridge with not too much of a shoulder width. He was red in the face angry that he could'nt get me for anything and and for the sticker being where it was, as I watched him peel out and drive away in an absolute rage. Oh by the way, the letters type n/w we're in white letters on a black background at the bottom end of the rocker panels and this Edition was not in the Fastback version but the semi or if you want to call it notch back though not that notch back to me. This Edition came in the different bright colors Ford had. Big bad blue big bad orange big bad green, somebody else clue me in if there were any other colors here. They all came with the 351 Cleveland a flat black hood, and had the type of hood pins that weren't pins at all but circular units you spun like you were trying to take the lid off a peanut butter container or something. Maybe a dyed-in-the-wool Ford guy can tell me what the proper lingo for it is? My car was blue and when I got it it has been replaced with a 302
06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]