View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 02:33 PM   #453 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I like Aptera. My dislike is for all those in the Green Religion that are compelled to say how these cars are our salvation, yet almost none of the Believers will be purchasing these vehicles. Their hypocrisy is why a company like this believes they can be successful.
Very true. Or you get fanboys who do buy them but downplay all the flaws as with Tesla.

On the other hand, do you have to buy something in order to appreciate it's advantages?

I don't think EV's or solar cars or Aptera are the solution to my problems or the world'sproblems. But I like the concept and I like how the math does work out and I like the potential advantages.

What makes this thread so hard are the emotions. If everyone's mudslinging at one another how can you have a logical conversation about the technology? Things can have pros and cons. The naysayers see the cons and that's all they see. The fanboys see the pros and that's all they see.

And yes, personally I need a minivan right now more than I need a two-seater. But five years from now that could be the total opposite.