View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 09:02 PM   #53 (permalink)
Phase
Master EcoModder

Black Bullet - '19 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Now this is getting even weirder. You never run your heat - in Portland - in the winter? The average temperature is in the 40s from November thru March. Either you are VERY warm blooded or you are living in an apartment or other multi-family home where your neighbors are heating and drying the air in the building.

That happens to me when I'm in a hotel in the winter. I have the A/C running in my room because the building temperature is WAY too warm. We keep our house in the high 60's in the winter and it seems most hotels are low to mid 70's in the winter. If I turn off the A/C my room temperature is back to the 70's in a few hours.

BTW - Phoenix is not even close to being more humid than Portland or Birmingham

Stop looking up humidity and look up dew point. That’s what matters. But yes as of right now, Phoenix is drier than Oregon for todays forecast. Like it is most days. I’m saying that some freaky days happen where it’s more humid there than here

And I’ll turn the heat on in the morning on like the snow days we had around Christmas and close the windows after I wake up. Still sleep with the windows open even when it was snowing. And yes I’m very warm blooded. I wish I could move to Alaska or the Rockies. It was horrible living in the Deep South and also Arizona most of my life.