View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 04:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

Wow phase. I'm glad you were finally getting the the relief in life that you needed. I personally know several people that if the temperature gets above 75 they literally want to go hide out in a cave somewhere haha I know I don't sleep very well if I'm too hot and I'm not much of an air conditioning person. If I'm on a road trip delivering trucks, sometimes it takes almost 3 days out before I'm halfway used to hearing a air conditioner in a motel room as I'm trying to sleep. In the winter time, I can be in a motel in the middle of Montana when it's very frigid outside, and with other motel rooms beside me and maybe below me, I don't have to turn the heat on at all. I certainly do agree that you're in the Pacific Northwest we do have winter humidity issues. I have heard examples of women that moved out of certain apartment buildings because they found mold on their cupboards are in their closet Etc. When my ex traveled with me from North Carolina so I could visit my folks out here while still living back there oh, she certainly remarked it how bitter the air in February felt to her here, as the chill to the air definitely was very moisture influenced. I was mildly surprised at all you guys took this humidity thing to the 11th degree in discussion here but it's very interesting. Yes absolutely, if you have a fourth or fifth vehicle sitting around outside that doesn't move much yes it will start growing stuff on it. The hardest to remove is green on the window moldings especially if it's an older car that has felt like material. But bottom line when I introduce this humidity subject, I was just simply referring to, Summer enjoyability. I'll never forget my very first day stepping out of a vehicle in June in Asheville North Carolina. Stand on a sidewalk, count 1001 1000 to 1003 and the armpits are already literally dripping. That is the extreme drastic Nest that I am referring to. I hear so many people around here complain about warmer weather, and most of them have never traveled east of the Mississippi River, or even to halfway across Nebraska or 3/4 the way across Texas and any other equivalents. Speaking of weather, the real North and Northeast guys or gals can certainly give us a earful about cold places in dealing with their extremes. I had a truck freeze up on me in Eastern Montana even though I was putting anti gel aftermarket stuff into the tank, and I had to hole up in that town for 3 days for the vehicle to be fixed. Diesel number one was not available to me at common truck stops in the area, and that's what I needed in the circumstances I was in. I had to sit in a motel room for three days, and all during that time the high temperatures were in the mid-minus twenties with the wind blowing like crazy. I had to go outside to assist the guys that came in tow the truck I had with a chain to a warehouse about a mile and a half away so it could be inside and somewhat melt out so they could pump the old fuel out of it eventually to replace with diesel number one. It was so bitter I had every conceivable warm thing I could find to wear with several layers and with good gloves and I could not stand to be outside for more than six minutes at a time. Naturally 90% of that problem was simply the wind, as I have lived in Montana for a couple years when I was a little kid and I've traveled through several times and felt somewhat cold before but never like what I just explained. Yes, people do get used to their areas because wherever you grow up that's considered to be your normal.
06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]