View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 01:52 AM   #56 (permalink)
Drifter
EcoModding Apprentice

Cx9 - '18 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring
90 day: 31.41 mpg (US)

Prius - '10 Toyota Prius III
90 day: 57.8 mpg (US)

Tundra - '00 Tundra V6 long bed base work truck
90 day: 19.4 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Now this is getting even weirder. You never run your heat - in Portland - in the winter? The average temperature is in the 40s from November thru March. Either you are VERY warm blooded or you are living in an apartment or other multi-family home where your neighbors are heating and drying the air in the building.

That happens to me when I'm in a hotel in the winter. I have the A/C running in my room because the building temperature is WAY too warm. We keep our house in the high 60's in the winter and it seems most hotels are low to mid 70's in the winter. If I turn off the A/C my room temperature is back to the 70's in a few hours.
I never used the heater when I lived in Portland. It never dipped into the teens when I lived there and, being in a small ~700 sqft 1 bedroom house, my interior temperature would easily stay 30 degrees warmer than outside between the showers, cooking, and computer all cranking out heat.

I would have used A/C in July & August, but the house was built before A/C. Thankfully I was rarely home during the day and it almost always cooled off by the time I'd get home at night.

The only thing I hated about Portland weather was the freezing rain. Nope Nope Nope. I like driving sideways as much as anyone, but trying to keep my summer-tired MR2 pointed in the right direction on those icy knolls was nerve-wracking.