View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoVan
EcoModding Lurker

How do you join(fasten) your belly pan materials?

I am mocking up the van belly pan with cardboard and hope to begin the real thing in about a month. I see that pop riveted screw nuts can help fasten materials to the frame/body, but how about fastening the belly pan material to other sheets of belly pan material? I need to make access ports for oil changes and greasing the front end so I need easily dismantled and reassembled joints.

The belly pan will be attached to the back bottom of the ABS air dam and then go back 4 to 7 feet.

I have some large sheets of coroplast that I can use if they are resilent enough to take some impact damage and then return back to shape. Otherwise I will need to get a sheet of ABS plastic... any recommendations for thickness?

I have a section of exhaust that I may cover and was thinking of using 1/4 inch hardware cloth. High speed air moving parallel to the clothe will most likely see a solid surface. However, while driving slow, low speed air can still circulate freely to cool the piping. Anyone with experience with this technique?

The Following User Says Thank You to EcoVan For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-13-2022)