View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 05:39 PM   #53 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
The last large classic car show I visited was one at Portland International Raceway back in 2018.
Last weekend I want to a show and shine/swap meet. The water-cooled contingent was IIRC a few decades younger, and about as strong as the air-cooled side. What surprised me was the short-nosed Squarebacks were almost as prevalent as Beetles. All three Ghias were black over red.

The one that mad me miss having my camera was a rat rod with a three foot long shark fin [with speedholes] on the roof. If I was to guess, the owner was maybe late thirties.

Quote:
They both sound like they are running poorly even when properly tuned (I know from experience)
OEM or four-into-two-into-one header?

I miss the tweety exhaust the 36hp engine had.

My goal is to reduce the fleet to two (I'm at three at the moment); the SUPERBeetle and a new [semi-enclosed electric] FUV. The Beetle would serve as an out of town car, camper/tow vehicle for the FUV.

Edit: I use 'sewing machine sound' to describe the boxer four's hum at cruising speed.