View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 08:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
So, you already have a comparison baseline for the usage of gasoline and NOS, yet you still didn't try NOS and waste solvent? Do you have any clue about the solubility of some solvent on water, which could eventually enable its usage as the antifreezing fluid instead of methanol which is widely mixed with water on the supplemental injection setups?
The only reason I haven't tried waste solvent and N2O is because the waste solvent I get for free isn't a constant. The main solvent is Acetone with Toluene in the waste solvent being the second main ingredient, but there are several other solvents that range in the 28% or less. I have done testing with my home-made gas generator and the heat value is the same as E10 and E0 pump gasoline. The other reason is just good old time and not enough of it lol. I just been so concentrated on my home built pre-chamber trying to make it better that the waste solvent N2O tune took a back burner.

The other thing I'm always testing is my fuel system and doing long term testing to make sure that the waste solvent doesn't kill my fuel pumps and injectors. The GEM fuel I make from Methanol, Ethanol and pump92 gasoline E0 is only for making high HP. I pull the waste solvent pumps and run Methanol fuel pumps when I'm racing etc.

I'm sure that the waste solvent and N2O will get me the same results in FE, but I still need to test it. I do know that the waste solvent much to my surprise can't make anymore then 250HP due to knock issues. I thought for sure the waste solvent would be a great fuel for HP but much to my surprise it sucks. I've ran it way richer at high load and lean and it made no difference it still is HP limited because of knock.