View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 11:04 AM   #66 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Japanese bikes are ok if you arent 2 meters tall, otherwise you get all folded up and uncomfortable on long straight road rides like in Nebraska. You also don't need to corner much on a straight road.

Yup harleys are an anachronism, but dang my dresser was comfortable on a hundred mile ride with the soft shocks, sprung seat and fairing the size of my ranger front end. (A june bug at 65 mph feels like you got shot by a .22) I also carried enough ice and beer for me and my friends when we got there.
To each their own. I find a standard riding position with my feet under my butt way more comfortable than the cruiser feet forward position that sends every bump right up my spine. The absolute worst motorcycle trip my wife and I had was on a rented Indian Chieftan that was so uncomfortable we both decided to take a day off of riding because our backs were so sore.

My wife won't even consider a fly and ride trip on a Harley after riding a bunch of different ones on local day trips. Here's hoping the Pan America comes to Eaglerider quick because as it stands today I'm just wasting money on the membership.

2 meters = 6 feet 7 inches tall. Sounds like a perfect fit for an ADV bike with the high seat option.