View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 09:20 PM   #170 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I am 20 minutes into the second video and it is more of the same, use soapy water or a specialized spray and a soft-bristled brush or microfiber washcloth, and then a protective spray.

One thing that I keep thinking, besides that I should have created a dedicated thread, is that he keeps spraying soapy water on everything, but wipes it off without rinsing.

There is a third video just for the upholstery!

He uses the steam cleaner to remove melted junk in cupholders and stuff. Mom has melted Skittles in the cupholder in her trunk.

Don't you keep Skittles in the cupholder in your trunk?

He also points out to use a cleaner without ammonia that specifies it is safe for tint before you clean your windows inside and out. It reminds me of this is the video where Old School Funk flipped a lovely black Civic coupe:He sprayed the upholstery with a little Gain and then a spray bottle full of water. He sprayed and dabbed liberally with a towel.

I always feel that that would leave residue.

He also fixed the driver's mirror with fiberglass and resin.

That would have been cheaper than replacing it each time someone hit me, right?

Ace has fiberglass cloth for less than $5, but I cannot find a smaller container of resin than a quart, so fiberglass, resin, and hardener would be at least $30, but Ace has a Bondo Fiberglass Repair Kit for $20.

ChrisFix just used a brush and vacuum for the seats, the spray, and then the carpet cleaner.

He uses the spray and the carpet cleaner on the seatbelts.

I have cleaned seatbelts several times because they don't like to retract and they are invariably dirty. The way that worked best for me was soaking in a Super Clean solution, closing the door with the seatbelts on the outside, and hosing them down. These videos total around 90 minutes: How often do people spend an hour and a half cleaning their car?!

Well, probably not often, which is why it takes so long!