View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 12:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
seuadr
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Holley used to manufacture a fuel injection system which would bolt up the the 4-barrel intake manifold.
Edelbrock made a 'TORQUER' intake manifold designed for low end 'pulling' and fuel economy.
And HOOKER used to sell headers designed for a crossover ( x-pipe now ) and dual mufflers ( Walker ) with enough back pressure for low-end torque.
The post-energy crisis Torqueflites are bulletproof and at some date had the electric, full-lock-up torque converters which conserved fuel.
I suppose tires have come a long way as far as rolling resistance.
yeah, the A518/46RH is a progression of the 727 and has the electric locker.

i've been reading a lot of suggestions in regards to aftermarket headers but usually they are talking about them in regards to increased HP numbers, and, frankly i know little about that kind of stuff - i can tune a carb with some trial and error but porting, designing exhaust, etc isn't my area.

good to know there are options - because i should have lots of leeway to install that sort of thing once it is clear of the doghouse as the camper i intend to purchase is fully gutted.

i have a friend that i believe has access to notchers and mandril benders and i can weld passibly so we have some opportunity.

Holley still has a system designed to drop on quadrajets. the adverts focus on HP gains and self tuning but my guess is it could be focused on torque instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to seuadr For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-11-2022)