View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 05:29 PM   #103 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
A Maverick with only HEV and PHEV options would not sell in tiny numbers

63% of orders were for the hybrid, Ford rejected large numbers of hybrid orders so the final sale volume may not match but customers spoke and Ford wasn’t able to deliver the volume.

I myself would have ordered if PHEV existed, even with the year wait.

HEV or Ecobust aren’t motivating .
Though hybrid is far better than nothing

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford...py-photos/amp/

Sadly next year the Maverick is going to be a +$5000 affair with no guaranteed sale price in the contract
I'm curious where you found data on engine mix for the 2022 Maverick - I haven't seen that so please pass it on.

All configurations of the Maverick have been sold out since February so I really doubt Ford cares that you didn't order one because they didn't spend a bunch of money to offer a low-volume PHEV version. Making cars is about making money and the option that makes the most money gets priority.

Adding an AWD hybrid trim makes the most sense as the next step in product offerings. While Motor Trend says that mule is a PHEV others believe it is just the regular hybrid AWD. There is no charge port door and the base weight only goes from 1684 kg to 1790 kg. I really doubt they can add AWD and 14 kWh of batteries with only a net add of 106 kg. There is also some faulty logic that they Maverick is ready prepped for PHEV because there is an unused space under the seat that would allow two battery packs. The problem with that theory is that the hybrid pack is only 1.1 kWh. There is no way Ford puts out a Maverick PHEV with only 2.2 kWh of battery capacity. Doubling the battery size when they add AWD - that makes sense.

It also looks like Ford is working on a hybrid version of the Bronco Sport. No doubt some components will be shared between it and the Maverick hybrid AWD.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/fo...otted-testing/
The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-11-2022)