View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

Any slick 50 fans here?n

I I think I have had some good experience with it in the past. I bought a 1992 Dodge Dakota 4 cylinder pickup, and use it on the job for Courier work averaging about 350 Miles a day 5 days a week. In about 3 years, I had put $392,000 miles on it, and it ran just as new, with the original clutch still fine. I changed the oil religiously every 3,000 miles, and I use slick 50 the whole time. I'm pretty sure it gave me another three to four miles per gallon, but wonder what other people's experiences might be? During the warmer time of the year I could get up to 37 miles per gallon which is way above the manufacture rating. After many years, I am considering slick 50 again. Reading online, some people are saying that it blocks passages in the engine and leaves walls blocking oil from lubricating basically defeating the whole purpose. I never experienced any such thing. But the real point of my posting today, is that I think I'm considering putting it in my diesel Suburban 1985 vintage 6.2. I've got the slick 50 in my possession right now, I am literally in the middle of an oil change, so I need to hear your stories yay or nay right away as by Wednesday mid-morning I have to have the oil change done before a trip. It doesn't say anything on the box that it is compatible with a diesel engine it only talks about gasoline engines. I didn't find out much information on a truck forum other than some negativity about it?

06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]