View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 06:36 AM   #29 (permalink)
Andyinchville1
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Why did you need to lower your coolant temps? Creating a larger opening in the grill block, or using the correct thermostat is the proper way to control coolant/engine temperatures.

Water is an extremely good fluid for both conducting heat, and absorbing large quantities of energy.

Water Wetter's website shows how good water is in their chart. You'll notice the chart compares water to many substances, but not Water Wetter.

If I lived in a climate where extreme freezing was not a danger, I would lower the antifreeze ratio to something much lower, perhaps to 20%. This would greatly increase the heat capacity and thermal conductivity of the coolant.

How bad does it freeze in Texas?

Water Wetter is a detergent, so it breaks the surface tension of water. It reduces the viscosity of water.
Hi

Just curious but if water wetter is a detergent could the same thing be accomplished by using a little Dawn dishwashing soap?

I have read that dish detergent also brake surface tension or soaps in general breaks surface tension of water plus I guess in theory soaps are generally bases so they should help neutralize any acids forming in the cooling system.

I know water wetter is not super expensive but if a little dish detergent would work and maybe even be better why not too?

Any thoughts on this crazy idea?

Andrew