View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 01:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 39.99 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,517 Times in 1,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoCivic View Post
Awesome, thank you so much! I'll try those and see how they work for me. I have a very similar setup- JDM K24A, USDM 06 TSX cams, RSX oil pump, OEM oil cooler, Accord cable throttle body, custom cold air intake, and stock header for now although I will eventually need to change that because the collector is directly above the back of the subframe and it would be impossible to get an exhaust on it. I'll probably get a long tube 4-2-1 header eventually since it should be best for fuel efficiency and overall torque. Out of curiosity, how did you tune yours? Did you street tune it or was it dyno tuned?

Yeah my base RSX transmission's 5th gear is definitely shorter than ideal considering the torque of the K24. I think the ideal transmission for my setup would be an 02-04 RSX-S 6 speed with 04-08 TSX 5th gear, 9th gen Si 6th gear, 4.0 final drive, and OEM LSD. I'm sure the 3.4 final drive works great in an Insight, but I think it would be a bit too tall for my heavier Civic.
This is it in the Insight and the 3.4:

I imagine you're right. Higher weight, larger tire size, 4.0 ought to be just about right.

I got an MBT timing map from Jeff Evans and did the rest of the tuning myself. It was hundreds of hours of logging. I mapped out best power by tuning all of the fuel maps to within ~1-2% for every VTC angle in every cell, then graphing them all. You can check out my K swap thread for details. It was never dyno'd.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ecky For This Useful Post:
EcoCivic (09-16-2022), Joggernot (09-15-2022)