View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 04:14 AM   #41 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
There are always questions. If I go back to New Year's Day, 1980, am I 37 years or 8 months old?!

Do I go back naked like in Terminator?

This isn't "Gargoyles," you can't magically swallow a spellbook, and swallowing a flash drive wouldn't do any good.

In the Terminator universe, could you go back in time with something in your mouth?

You might be able to transport the stock section for one day, so maybe you could print out the top 20 stocks for a given period, with their highs and lows.

A hundred dollars invested in 1980 might be enough to buy Tesla when Musk bought it. Knowing what did and didn't work for him, hopefully you could do at least as well.

I saw something on television about all of the places in the world that don't have clean water, but often the water table is relatively close to the surface.

Engineering students designed a manual well drill, they produced units for $1,600, and you could transport it in the back of a truck, so you could drill a well anywhere, as long as the water table was high enough.

I would supposedly have over $8 million when I turned 21 in 2000.

I think that a good use of my resources would be to reach out to that school and offer a million dollars to design the drill and then create an organization to get the drill to different communities and help people all over the world get clean water.

Keep investing, but also keep helping people.

Also, never buy a Subaru!

Last edited by Xist; 10-06-2022 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: I completed a sentence.