View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 11:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
broski499
EcoModding Apprentice

Boltar - '19 Chevy Bolt LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Disagree about used PHEV and most EVs.

How much would a used Prius Prime cost factoring in subsidies? I'd be inclined to get something like that, especially if you already like the Prius. Most of the miles would be EV, with no range anxiety for other trips.

You've got a known headache coming in the next couple years with your current vehicle, or a newer one can give you a decade+ of no hassles.

By my estimation, the wealthy (or foolish) pay the most for transportation because they buy new. Then the poor pay the most since they buy bottom dollar vehicles and are constantly working on them (if they're handy), or scrapping them for another junk car. The middle is where it's at. A 3-6 year old vehicle.

The Gen V Prius is supposedly being released spring of 2023, so that might be an opportunity to snag a Gen IV at a good price. Maybe sell your vehicle now and bike your commute until then.
The Prius primes carry a hefty premium in my area. Hard to find any under 20k.

I agree with the sweet spot with used cars.

I wish I could bike to work. Biking infrastructure in my area isn’t the best and it’s more the OC drivers seem to have it out for bicyclists.

I’ll report back once I decide to buy a grid charger or once I get the pack replaced.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to broski499 For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (01-08-2023), redpoint5 (10-05-2022)