View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 04:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
ECO-AKJ
Focused on MPG

Marinator - '06 Mercury Mariner Premier
90 day: 10.61 mpg (US)

SILVER BULLET - '19 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN GT
90 day: 18.41 mpg (US)

Myrtle - Wife's JKU - '12 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport
90 day: 15.7 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Keith View Post
What is your EV range compared to new?
What was Paul's EV range compared to new?

I can comment on these. I mentioned above the "Energi" models.

I own 7 of those packs (C-max and Fusion are identical) all sourced from salvage cars. The average SoH of the 7 is about 80% of rated. Only 3 of the miles were known, but all were under 70K miles. Given the ages of the packs, it's unlikely any had over 150K mi on them.

I have encountered a 2014 Fusion Energi with only 70K miles with only 7mi electric range due to battery degradation. Another 2014 with 220K and ~15 mi range but takes 2-3X longer to charge. I presume the battery management is reducing the charge current due to some parameter associated with degradation. This car was used for rideshare, and the driver was interested in maximizing economy and kept the interior cool with A/C.

Being air cooled, heat is a huge factor. In a mild climate, on a well maintained car, I would expect >80% SoH at 150K miles. Driving style also plays a big role. Babying it will reduce battery current and strain/deterioration, but driving it like an average driver will see notably more rapid degradation.
I can't comment for Paul, however, mine is rated 19 Miles, I have seen 10 Miles at 0F, and if I run the engine on the highway a long time, when I charge back up, I have seen as high as 36 miles, but when I start to use ev only, it will drop faster than the mile per mile that I would like to see, as with full-EV cars, range will very depending on driving conditions.

I have owned my car for a little over 4 years and have put almost 93,000 miles on it.

Staying Focus'd on MPG
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECO-AKJ For This Useful Post:
broski499 (10-06-2022), S Keith (10-06-2022)