View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I rather discuss the second part, but -- oh well....

I reached back too far. I agree Elon Musk is uniquely positioned to bring the two sides together.
?t=1320
I believe I mentioned the constant straw-manning. He picks an arbitrary starting point for the 'movie in three acts' in 2022 instead of 2014.

But, boy howdy, is Space ever a high-ground maneuver.

I see what you did there. Dogbert cartoonist.
As evidenced by my behavior in all other threads, I consider this a public forum where anyone can discuss anything they want, inspired either by the OP, or any conversation that occurs after.

I don't see relations improving with Russia until Putin is dead, and the Russians abandon more of their corrupt holdover ideas from the Soviet era. That might just mean folks of Putin's vintage passing on.

I also see war and conflict becoming less commonplace as technology continues to deliver abundance. When nations can power themselves, and resources can be mined locally, and products built locally, micro economies can begin to exist within the broader global market.

Cracking the next levels of automation and producing cheap electricity locally will result in unimaginable abundance, and should reduce the temptation to seek these ends violently.

Space- inevitably is a collaborative project. I don't see it as a way to reconcile conflict on the ground though.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!