View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 05:14 PM   #1033 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I got that small business loan Kevin told everyone to get, but when I read the fine print I couldn't use it, so I returned it in full. I keep receiving messages to start making payments, but I hadn't been able to log in and see what I owed.

I finally got in and it says that I owe $500 in interest. It looks like I returned my loan of $12,900.00 on 05/18/2021, with $12,426.85 going to principal, and $473.15 going to interest, leaving a balance of $473.15. I have accrued $25.86 on that and owe a grand total of $499.01.

So, take advice from poor people, not millionaires?
Depends on how that millionaire made their money and whether or not they know anything about the topic they are giving advice on.

In the case of Meet Kevin - he makes his money selling the dream that anyone can become rich through real estate investing. According to a CNBC article on him he makes 96% of his income from YouTube and his YouTube money is funding his real estate business. He also tried to start a construction company doing home renovations and lost $1 million in 18 months before quitting and focusing back to what he knows - YouTube.

He would be one of the first people I would take advice from on how to make money on YouTube.

I wouldn't take advice on work / life balance from him. He works 12 hours a day 5 am to 5 pm.