View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 06:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Mr. Adams has been hard to listen to lately for the [self-admittedly] uninformed warmongering. But today he pointed toward a general solution for anxiety. i say 'point toward because' it seemed likely he doesn't understand the technique.

So I checked: calmcuban.com/science-breathing-exercise-calm-down-quickly/

Sure enough, it's all about the diaphram. And it's called the 'physiological sigh'. And you need to do it three times, not once.

I've known about the diaphram since the 1970s, but I just learned that humans the [the only?] spedies that can involutanrily control their respiration because of it. That kinda explains humankind's tendency toward spiritual enlightnment. No?
We've got differing interests. Breath techniques or hypnosis doesn't interest me much, because the premise is that if one is open to being manipulated, then they will be susceptible to manipulation. That's an unsurprising concept to me. Give conscious effort to alleviate stress, and you'll likely be successful.

He's a dope because for months now he's been speculating why he's had low energy, dismissing depression and/or anxiety. Then recently he admitted he ticked all the boxes for depression... now he's on a kick about blood pressure meds being the culprit.

The man lost the hottest woman he'll ever have, and brushes that off like it's no big deal. Just because one feels justified in parting ways with an insufferable woman doesn't mean the injury can be dismissed.

I don't like his war on drugs take, or every strategy he employs with opposing the CCP, but he still generates some interesting perspectives from time to time.

Anyhow, if our problems were easy, they wouldn't be OUR problems.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!