View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 08:40 PM   #455 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME_Andy View Post
You've got the skills and the interesting projects to probably become a full-time YouTuber, if you want to. I'll subscribe.

So, what's the drawback of a 70-mpg, 1400 hp vehicle? High emissions? Strange fuel required? Poor durability? I'm just wondering why it's not done by everybody.
Thanks' and please Subscribe and Like, much appreciated.

The draw backs in today's world are you're not supposed to mess with factory emissions. Thanks for bringing up a key point I keep forgetting to mention. Since the car is a 1971 Camaro the only emission device is a PCV valve. lol This helps me a ton because it's pretty much exempt.

Poor durability will be one of the issues based on the high HP from a 2.0L. When it comes to FE there aren't issues so far with the pre-chamber and lean burn.

Another reason people wouldn't like car is drivability. When the car goes into high lean-burn it feels like the engine is not right. It lays over until you get it out of the lean-burn hole.

One other major drawback is I have two sets of cams one set is for FE and the other for HP. On the Camaro this will be very easy to swap because I will have easy access to the cam belt and can change them in less than an hour. On the Talon it's a pain and takes me about three hours. I also have two sets of lifters one set is for FE and the other HP. The HP ones are just stock lifters the FE lifters are a custom set that one of the intake valves has a built-in bleed valve that delays the opening event and also opens only halfway to promote swirl.

Next year's FE test will be done during the Summer on a perfect road with hardly any wind. I'm setting up perfect conditions that can get 8 miles more mpg. Another major factor to produce great numbers.

Thanks again more videos will be coming even though I suck at it.

EDIT: Also, I forgot mention it will have a set of FE wheels/tires and a set of racing wheels/tires. When running the FE wheels/tires it will have lower wheel opening skirts.

Last edited by pgfpro; 11-06-2022 at 08:59 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (11-20-2022)