View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 05:08 PM   #31 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Traditionally, you just lift up the radiator cap and drive a new car underneath.
Sometimes with some of the vehicles i have owned I feel this statement and it slightly pisses me off.

Yeah the eCVT is one where you just need to watch a video on its different operating modes. It does so much oddball stuff I probably would explain it wrong. Like it basically operates like a differential not a transmission, and I think they say it unlocks one side when the car is idling and not using power to go down the road so it can spin the other side attached to the electric motor to charge itself.
The car is wild. But I love it. Maintenance is pretty easy when you don't have a belt drive or any alternator power steering pump etc... as well.

I have wondered why the gas saver hybrids and EVs are so goddamn ugly for the last 20 years, so I'm glad Tesla and finally Toyota have agreed to just make good looking normal ones now. Some of the 2010ish hybrids need to be burned at the stake for their visual sins.

Ecky (11-20-2022)