View Single Post
Old 11-29-2022, 05:24 PM   #63 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Panasonic cells on the Chevy Bolts? If so thats a sweet deal. If they are LG cells though... yikes.
Yeah its weird how that works on local rois. Here electricity for the last 12 months has been 18.2c/kWh every month. Gas has probably averaged $3.15 and right now its $2.89. Also, if you become an overuser they give you an overuse fee on your electricity per kwh over a certain amount lol
Also, regi fee for prius is $50 and the bolt is $250 a year. So it ends up being cheaper to drive a prius. lol
Especially when you factor in they will both need a battery in 12 years (statistics wise). You will have to throw the Bolt away and reuse the old battery as the new battery will probably be 5-10 times the price of the cars value at that time. I'm guessing 20 grand.

Damn Isaac sell me that prius. I could fix it for almost nothing. And yeah the core fee is weird. It makes more sense to not send in your battery and just sell it off locally instead. My core fee for my pack if i decide to get one is a LOT lower it was wild lol. Imagine the $10 core fee on lead acids... it was like that just a bit more.
Fix that poor gen 2 dude those things will literally do 500k miles lol. I'm supposed to be the one with a ****ty prius i have a 2010.
From what ive seen the ring stick is just that. Its not destroying the cylinder walls at all. Once i get my personal projects finished up i plan to just drive around picking up priuses and fixing them and selling them.
Sorry for the off topic. Ah that makes sense. Sounds like a huge timing increase with some more vvti action to get those nice numbers on the new ones.
Isaac Zachary (11-29-2022)