View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 07:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles
rmay635703's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere in WI
Posts: 3,844

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Thanks: 481
Thanked 857 Times in 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Gasoline Fumes View Post
Are you sure there's nothing else on that circuit? Assuming the light switches are off (and wired correctly), the hot should only be connected to the switches, outlets, and breaker in the panel. So it's a GFCI outlet, but a regular breaker? Light-up switches or USB ports on the outlets? Meter working correctly?
It’s been extremely west/damp

I’m thinking the outdoor light outlet combo that is inexplicably on the circuit is to blame but I’m not sure how to break a hardwired thing I never use from the circuit.

I will need a new ac ammeter to determine the true current, right now I can only meter OHMs which might drop with actual AC applied.

Jumping over the switched to the unswitched side of the ground faiult with everything off makes small sparks so definitely some current but from I can tell it’s well under an amp.
  Reply With Quote