View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 06:17 PM   #54 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,399 Times in 3,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
How long has it been since the 24th of last month? Bari Weiss has been in the news.

I saw where Scott Adams blocked Styxhexenhammer. Here's the response:
I guess Adams can block anyone he wants; but I was offended by him charaterizing him as "Hexenhammer". That's just childish and petty.
I'm not big on blocking anyone, and never have. Seems childish to me, like "I'm not talking to you". I get that some want to keep the S-posting to a minimum so as to not scare off the timid. From my perspective, I'm not interested in entertaining the timid, who can be maneuvered at will. It's up to individuals to take the initiative to mute those opinions they either can't handle, or present as needless noise.

Scott says he never intends to mispronounce names, so I'll take him at face value. I can never remember Styx's handle because it's too convoluted and I'm ignorant of any references contained within.

2 smug know-it-alls don't get along. Go figure. I'll have to listen to learn where the conflict occurred. Scott somewhat recently had a meeting with, I think, Russel Brand fall through. He's (Adams) been crossing too far over the thin line between order and chaos lately.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!