View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
ZeroFuel
EcoModding Lurker

ZeroFuel 1,2,3 - '96 Geo Metro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennelson View Post
I guess I am not that afraid of spills - we already know how damaging spills of various fossil fuels can be, so we are very careful to avoid having that happen.

I am interested in learning more about this technology as a "long range" fuel.

Electric can be amazingly clean. I usually get a bit frustrated when people talk about dirty electricity from coal. The truth is, you can get completely renewable wind/solar/tide/biogas, etc electricity anywhere in this country, or even make it yourself. My electric vehicles charge from renewable energy sources bought through the grid.

It's interesting that the X-Prize requirements have a very specific range minimum per fueling, which pretty much eliminates traditional battery electric vehicles from participating.

If it weren't for that one requirement, two vehicles I have built in my garage would both qualify for the X-Prize.

The ZeroFuel meets the range requirements.

Good luck on the X-Prize competition! Keep some good positive information coming. There are a lot of snake-oilers out there, and they always try to keep things all secret-y.

On this forum, we love DIY, positive, friendly shared knowledge and discussion.
Thanks Ben

It's nice to here from someone who understands the potential of our fuel. Win, lose, or draw at the X Prixe we will know we did our best to advance mankind.

I would encourage you to contact the X Prize, they are very nice people. The final rules are coming out soon & if I am not mistaken they are going to allow electric vehicles to change out batteries. So that may make the difference in your effort. But don't wait the cut off for all applications is 1/1/09.

Pm me if you want any advice or contacts at the X Prize.

Keep it low & slow