View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 05:03 PM   #74 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
The Garfield cartoonist really stepped in a pile of poo today.
That was by far my favorite part today. The thing is, unintelligent people don't know they're unintelligent. It's different than ignorance too, because intelligent people will usually at least have an idea about what they don't know, and if they have enough humility, simply state that they don't know something.

Unintelligent people (half of people, by definition) are often certain of things they have no understanding about.

Plenty of dummies think humanity can consume fewer resources and simultaneously be awash in greater wealth and prosperity. Like they don't even put together that wealth and consumption are the same thing. Wealth being numbers in a bank account, or something, and consumption being the evil exploints of human activity.

Anyhow, there's a communist on another forum that understands consuming less means being poorer and more human suffering, and he's all for that, so I respect that he understands reality and maintains a consistent philosophy.

It's the bozos that think everyone would be rich if the government just created all the dollars and deposited into everyone's bank accounts that I-just-can't-even.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (12-29-2022)