View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #155 (permalink)
bondo
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blister View Post
As an F150 owner, I'm wondering how Brett's doing with his work. I couldn't afford one of these but I was impressed with how forthcoming Brett Herndon was with the information on how a guy could make one himself. If anyone deserved to be able to market this, it was him and not Nissan. I hope he's doing well and if you read this, Bondo, let us hear from you.
Thanks for the kind words Blister and all the support the fine folks here on ecomodder have given me. Thank you for not forgetting me and I have definitely not forgotten you guys. I have just had nothing good to report.

After working in Texas for seven months of this year, I had put the aerodynamic cap on hold to make some money to operate with. Even having made good money this summer, it was not enough to fund all that I needed to do to get the aero cap to market. So, I have been in conversation with several manufacturers, which produce truck caps and tonneau covers, to produce the cap for me. These companies already have manufacturing facilities in place along with marketing, distribution and a dealer network.

Tuesday of this week I had a meeting, face to face, with the President of one such company. The meeting went good and he expressed that he is ready to move forward with the aerodynamic cap. I am very excited with the prospect for he seemed like a good honest man running a capable company. Nothing is in writing yet but the details are being written up. As soon as an agreement is in ink, I will let you all know. I want nothing more than to see the aerodynamic truck cap available on the market. I know anyone who purchases one will enjoy the fuel saving functional characteristics of the product as I have. I took it off recently and felt an immediate noticable difference at high speed, not to mention a decrease in the fuel efficiency of the truck. I was glad to put it back on.

Thanks again for all your support and keep your fingers crossed.

Bondo