Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #151 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

F150 - '97 Ford F150 Lariat

Taurus - '02 Ford Taurus SE

the 73 - '73 Ford Thunderbird

the race car - '95 Ford Thunderbird LX

The Brick - '98 Buick LeSabre Limited
And here is the 73... http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...html#post58046

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-02-2008, 10:04 AM   #152 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Also, I noticed I sorta did have some pics of my truck camper....

but I do promise to still get more of it up.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:21 AM   #153 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Question

O.k. I want one NOW! Hurry Brett, it's perfect. I live in Idaho and really have a great area to Market these......... I have a 2004 F-150 supercab (HD) 8' bed. Camping is a must here and your shell is ideal. AWSOME JOB!!!!!!!!
ALso- anyone know where I can find 7 lug wheels for my 2004 1/2 F-150 HD?

Last edited by smokie; 10-14-2008 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: Add wheels
Old 10-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #154 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

As an F150 owner, I'm wondering how Brett's doing with his work. I couldn't afford one of these but I was impressed with how forthcoming Brett Herndon was with the information on how a guy could make one himself. If anyone deserved to be able to market this, it was him and not Nissan. I hope he's doing well and if you read this, Bondo, let us hear from you.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #155 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blister View Post
As an F150 owner, I'm wondering how Brett's doing with his work. I couldn't afford one of these but I was impressed with how forthcoming Brett Herndon was with the information on how a guy could make one himself. If anyone deserved to be able to market this, it was him and not Nissan. I hope he's doing well and if you read this, Bondo, let us hear from you.
Thanks for the kind words Blister and all the support the fine folks here on ecomodder have given me. Thank you for not forgetting me and I have definitely not forgotten you guys. I have just had nothing good to report.

After working in Texas for seven months of this year, I had put the aerodynamic cap on hold to make some money to operate with. Even having made good money this summer, it was not enough to fund all that I needed to do to get the aero cap to market. So, I have been in conversation with several manufacturers, which produce truck caps and tonneau covers, to produce the cap for me. These companies already have manufacturing facilities in place along with marketing, distribution and a dealer network.

Tuesday of this week I had a meeting, face to face, with the President of one such company. The meeting went good and he expressed that he is ready to move forward with the aerodynamic cap. I am very excited with the prospect for he seemed like a good honest man running a capable company. Nothing is in writing yet but the details are being written up. As soon as an agreement is in ink, I will let you all know. I want nothing more than to see the aerodynamic truck cap available on the market. I know anyone who purchases one will enjoy the fuel saving functional characteristics of the product as I have. I took it off recently and felt an immediate noticable difference at high speed, not to mention a decrease in the fuel efficiency of the truck. I was glad to put it back on.

Thanks again for all your support and keep your fingers crossed.

Bondo
Old 01-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #156 (permalink)
NOOB

It’s very Rally-esk. Like trucks I have seen run the Dakar rally in Europe, or some where around there. It looks pretty cool.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #157 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Any word on having an existing company pick up the idea and start manufacturing?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #158 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by round.boater View Post
Any word on having an existing company pick up the idea and start manufacturing?
It took King C. Gillette 19 years to get his razor off the ground. I can identify with him. Everything was looking good with a manufactuer in October of last year, then came TARP. The company I talked to is just barley able to keep their doors open now and gas prices falling by 50% didn't help either (but I am glad the gas prices came down.) Everything is on hold right now.

I am trying to get some Federal money from the stimulus package thrown my way since the aero cap is a green product. We will see if my Senator might finally come through this time. If you know of any manufacturers who might be interested let me know.

Bondo
Old 02-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #159 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95badbird View Post
Also, I noticed I sorta did have some pics of my truck camper....

but I do promise to still get more of it up.
I remember seeing those on the street. Then suddenly they vanished and I couldn't find any info on them.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #160 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
I remember seeing those on the street. Then suddenly they vanished and I couldn't find any info on them.
same here....except I see it everyday!!!

I see one every now and then, but they are always on a dodge or chevy...

where abouts in h-town are ya?

Reply  Post New Thread