View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 09:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME_Andy View Post
I believe a Cruze as well as a Honda Fit would meet all of your requirements. It's rare but there are hatchback Cruzes.
That brings up another thing:

I was thinking about the Subaru because it has a towing rating and a spare tire. But what if I got a car that didn't have either and just bolted on a tow hitch and threw in a spare tire? (Or does have spare tire, but no tow?)

My Avalon doesn't have a tow rating for an example? But the Avalon is used, so there's no way towing will void a waranty. Maybe I could get in an accident and get blamed purely on the fact my car has something it's not designed for, but I highly doubt that would happen. But with a tow hitch on a new car, couldn't the dealer refuse to repair something under waranty stating the waranty is voided due to misuse of the car by towing? How high are the chances of that happening?

If it's not a big deal, then a Camry hybrid would also meet what I'm after. A Prius prime, (if they don't go up $5,000 to $10,000 as some are saying) would be perfect, except the spare tire taking up more lugage space and needing to have it tied down and I'd probably have to get a tow hitch that's way too low.