View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 12:30 PM   #79 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
landlord special. You just paint over the damage, window frames, plugs, switches etc...
Drives me absolutely insane. I can tell the previous homeowner did a lot of their own painting here with how sloppy it was done. I don't think they even sanded when they painted the cabinets from green to white. Bump them, and the white peels off and reveals a the green coat.

For some reason it really bothers me when people get sloppy near the ceiling, and don't care that they've created green streaks on the white ceiling. Even if they're too lazy to tape it off, latex paint cleans up super easy such that just having a damp rag on you would be sufficient to wipe the big mistakes away.

I'm not looking for perfection, just doing the reasonable things like taping edges and removing outlet covers. At minimum, sanding patches in the drywall so it isn't a lump. I'm going to have to learn how to feather it in and retexture, because if I'm going to spend time on something, I want it done right.

... I've got a couple extra holes I made when installing my theater system. One of them I drilled thinking it led between the floor joists of the ceiling/floor above. I didn't conceptualize the staircase in-between, and was surprised to see light coming from the hole after I drilled it. I'm tempted to use a hole saw and just cut the right size from scrap drywall I've got, but I'm sure the professional repair would be to cut a square around the hole, then fill that.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!