View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 08:00 PM   #651 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Just because you owned a dinky car that was more fuel efficient back in the day doesn't mean there hasn't been improvement.
Thanks for your post!

The only question I have is: where is there a dinky EV (like my dinky car I had) that's even more efficient than all these much larger and much more powerful EV's? Will there ever be one sold in the USA?

Ok, sorry. That was two questions. But I really did enjoy that dinky car and may even go get it again.

You see, that's what I personally want. I don't want an SUV or a mighty pickup. I want an economy car that's fun to drive.

Ok, so I'm preemptively thinking you're going to say the Chevy Bolt. Ya, maybe the Bolt would do it for me. Too bad it doesn't have a 52hp motor and a stick shift, but it's ok for a modern car. But for some reason I just don't feel excited about the Bolt like I do with my 1985 VW diesel. Maybe I just need to see a Bolt in person to get used to the idea.

Quote:
How much did you pay for your Leaf?
About $9,000, then sold it for $7,000 a year later. That was my first car with a car payment.

Quote:
I'd say those improvements in the EV world in just 6 years is pretty exciting. We're barely into the 2nd decade of EVs, and look how far we've come.
Fine. You're starting to get me kind of excited about other EV's besides the Aptera. I'm still excited about the Aptera though!