View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 05:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Christian
EcoModding Noob

City Civic - '02 Honda Civic Coupe LX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Shitty Ranger - '99 Ford Ranger 4x4 XL Single Cab
90 day: 16.65 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoCivic View Post
Nice, glad to hear you are making progress!

Are you sure the power steering rack itself is leaking? I never saw one of these racks leak, but the steel return pipe coming from the rack rusted out on both my 7th gens, so I'd try to pinpoint exactly where it's leaking from before condemning the entire rack. But if the rack ends up having to be replaced anyways, that would be a great time to upgrade to EPS.

From what I can see on the pictures, those spark plugs look fine to me. I have no explanation for the purple look one of the spark plugs has, maybe it came from a different batch or something. If there was a problem with something like a clogged fuel injector causing an excessively lean air/fuel ratio, I'd expect to see that on the ground strap and electrode area rather than on the outside.
I'm not positive, I just know all the fluid is pooling in the rubber boot on the steering rack. The EPS conversion definitely sounds more tempting now haha, but may prove to be a major headache, as this is my only car right now, and I'm positive the conversion would not go smoothly for me.

Yea the plug colours are very strange, I'm assuming they're all part of the same batch as they all have the same model numbers, but I have no way to be certain

I need to do some digging around and figure out what my best course of action is to get this power steering fixed/replaced for as little as possible. Deleting the system sounds nice and cheap, but considering this car is used mainly for city driving, it may be a major PITA when parking and maneuvering at low speeds.