View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 02:03 AM   #33 (permalink)
Christian
EcoModding Noob

City Civic - '02 Honda Civic Coupe LX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.12 mpg (US)

Shitty Ranger - '99 Ford Ranger 4x4 XL Single Cab
90 day: 16.65 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
Only EOC on roads you're familiar with, do it in neutral first and make sure you can coast the distance with few or no applications of the brake before doing EOC on it, just to be safe. On highway EOC doesn't make that much of a difference, but it makes a huge difference around town and idling in heavy traffic.
Thanks, will do. My commute to school is less than 2km (1.25mi), and almost all stop and go on a steep hill. So it really makes it difficult to find much room for coasting especially with the engine off. Lately, however, I've been taking side streets which allow me to p&g a tiny bit, but still difficult due to all the stop signs every block.

Quote:
What winter tires are you using, out of curiosity? Most of the ones I've seen are rated for 44 or 51 PSI. I won't speak of the tire pressures I've run or still run.
BFGOODRICH Winter Slalom P185/60/R15. I just double-checked and the max pressure is 44psi. For some reason I had it in my notes that I couldn't fill over 35.

Quote:
Use a Scangauge or Torque app to monitor actual coolant temps when you start blocking off the grille, don't rely solely on the dummy gauge in the gauge cluster.
I will, I have a SGII and just built a 60% grille block prototype. I'm going to be posting some pics within the next hour or so.