View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 02:52 AM   #47 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I hope you copy/pasted that, and didn't write it yourself.

Eric is a great car guy, unlike Shouty.

Better get an early start on those hundred steps.
I copied and pasted the transcript from YouTube, and converted what he said into steps, but writing it up might have been faster!

I just wanted it to sound like him.

This guy demonstrates using the starter and a cheater bar to remove the crankshaft pulley bolt: I am supposed to see two clients at 8, take my brother to meet the cookie mafia, and then drive my accord to the valley.

I have been trying to get a hold of my old dentist. I believe she is the one who installed the loose crown, so hopefully she still has the right tool for my loose screw. Someone sent a text this morning asking if I was available today or tomorrow.

I asked when and didn't hear back.

If everything goes according to plan and it never does, I wouldn't be down before 1400, and it looks like they close at 1600 on Saturday, so... yay.

I was supposed to have an appointment at the Phoenix VA for someone to finally look at my hernia, but they confirmed on Monday and then canceled yesterday.

For some reason they keep not calling from their normal number. A while ago some nurse, on her last day, called from her personal phone, with the number blocked, and just said "It's my last day!"

This time my phone said it was potential spam and I didn't see it until I was driving to see a client 45 minutes away. I heard the beginning of the message just as I left Show Low and I didn't hit a single red light the rest of the drive.

There was too much traffic for most of the drive to mess with my phone again and then the lady didn't say "Call the Phoenix VA, extension XXXX, she gave me a number and an extension.

I have the Phoenix VA saved in my phone. That is why when they actually call from that number I always answer "Hello Phoenix VA, this is Xist."
Unfortunately, they always respond "This is the Phoenix VA, is Xist available?"

So, I got the number and extension while driving, called back, and wasn't able to get anywhere with the hired help before I lost my signal.

I was tempted to ask to use the landline before they closed, but I didn't, and my client still counted down until she needed to leave--half an hour after we finished.

I never enjoy playing Call Out The Time.

I am trying to log into the site to site so I can ask to reschedule.

It took me months to get this appointment and years for them to agree to look into it.

My sister told me she knows a dentist who gives Veterans a big discount. I scheduled an appointment as soon as I could and the soonest that I could get in, weeks later, was Wednesday, but wouldn't it be great if my old dentist tightened my loose screw and recemented the other two crowns?!

For all I know she will present me with a work order like Big Two Toyota's, but it would be nice to call the other clinic and say "Actually, I was able to take care of my crowns. Can I get a deep cleaning instead?"

I sent an e-mail through VA.gov.

Last edited by Xist; 01-01-2024 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: typo