View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 02:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mort View Post
You need one of these:

https://a.co/d/e43GuED

It measures the AC internal impedance of the battery and computes the capacity from that.
From the description, I don't see any mention of capacity measure. I'm not sure how one would extrapolate capacity from an internal impedance measurement. I could be wrong, but I only know to measure the drain on a battery to determine the remaining capacity.

I do have a smart charger I'm using that provides most of these functions, and I've got a resistive CCA meter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
My friends that live upriver have exactly that. A Century Farm with a broken down dam and barn with a 60ft ridgeline 30ft in the air athwart the prevailing winds (up and down the valley). It's a huge vortex generator prolly good for 10s of kilowatts itself.

They spend their days in Leftist struggle.
Don't we all...

I've got my eye on a handful of properties along the N. Santiam river. Some of them have steep hillsides with a continuous stream of water pouring into the river. Wouldn't mind having a vacation rental or retirement house out that way. Paddled many miles on Packsaddle to Mill City, and drank as many beers.

Starlink really was one of the last "problems" to solve with living out in the hills. If I've got unlimited renewable energy, and a decent internet connection, there's not much else holding me back. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a reverse migration away from cities.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!