View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 12:20 AM   #59 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Best-laid plans

I saw both clients in Holbrook on Saturday, gave the mother my hand sanitizer, and stopped at Walmart, Dollar Tree, and Big Lots looking for another one.

When I removed the valve cover in my 2002 Civic, I saw forbidden milkshake everywhere
I thought that when Dollar Tree finally had hand sanitizer in-stock it was 12 ounces for a dollar, but the bottle in my car is 8oz.

Dollar Tree hand sanitizer is thinner than I remember and no longer has a dispenser, but it is the best deal, which took me altogether too long to find out.

The individual deep impact sockets at Harbor Freight are 30% off, but the smallest one they have is the 19mm I just bought, and I needed 17mm.

I stopped at the car wash because they have a 10¢ cash discount and I have all of that Accord money burning a hole in my pocket. They only had premium, but were selling it for the 87 price, which they did not communicate well. I filled up there yesterday, but only put in $40.

The last time I filled up there I used all of my cash and topped off with credit, but somehow I thought I was finished.

I was not.

I returned after Holbrook, calculated that I needed almost 8 gallons of gas(!), which would cost almost $25, but the best I could do was $30, and it cut off after $20.16.

My receipt was supposed to have a code to get change from a machine, but it didn’t, and I didn’t see the employee, so I went home and e-mailed.

I tried before I left, but my mail app wouldn’t load!

I took care of my brother, who apparently woke up at 1300, while Mom slept in another half hour.

There wasn’t a single crankshaft pulley bolt extraction tool available to borrow in-town!

I ordered a Lisle weighted impact socket for $22—and oil filters.

Apparently the only one Walmart had that fit our Camries was $11.44, but Amazon has the Fram one for $6.13!

Eric the Car Guy recommended this pressurized dispenser for brake fluid: Performance Tool M715 Eco-Friendly Non-Aerosol Reusable Liquid Sprayer

It sounded interesting. You use air from your compressor instead of aerosols and I would rather do this than go through a bunch of cans of brake cleaner, which I cannot recycle, and always seem to have liquid I cannot use.

It is only rated 3.8/5, though, so I bought this one: Vaper 19419 Red Spot Spray Non-Aerosol Sprayer (Red) - 32 oz. It is rated 4.3/5 and was slightly less.

So, you just pick up a jug of brake cleaner from the parts store?

Not in my town!

He linked this: CRC 5086 Brakleen Brake Parts Cleaner, 5 Gallon.

It costs $202!

Do any of you think you have used 5 gallons of brake cleaner in your life?!

I didn’t find many places selling a gallon and Advance Auto had it for $40, plus free shipping.
One of my add-ons gave me a 15% off coupon, but it was no longer eligible for free shipping!

CRC Brakleen Brake Parts Cleaner: Chlorinated, Degreases Instantly, 1 gallon

I cannot find one of my $16.50 spark plugs, so I ordered one through them, which got me free shipping again.

You could say the double platinum spark plug is free! 😊

Unfortunately, while the hazardous material is being shipped, I need to pick up the spark plug from the store!

An hour trip for a $6.50 spark plug!

I picked up the 17mm impact socket, but due to AutoZone rewards, it was free! 😊

My brother bought a Batman logo and a Batman figure when we were at Walmart.

When we came home he put both on my dresser! 😊

It was disheartening to not get further. I was positive that I was going to pull the head on Friday and the socket isn’t supposed to arrive until Tuesday!