View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 09:54 PM   #40 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
I'm considering trading in my Pixel 4a without FM radio for a Nokia G400 5G with FM radio.

Yes, a lot of new cars no longer come with AM radio, just like a lot of new phones no longer come with FM radio. Good by radio, we (I and about three other people, more or less) will miss you.
That was among the reasons I never owned an iPod. Main reason was they were twice as expensive as alternatives. Secondly, you had to use iTunes to put music on the device instead of simply plugging in and the PC seeing it as a mass storage device. Third, alternatives could be used to shuffle files around (thumb drive). Lastly, they offered FM radio.

I just got a Pixel 7 for my wife for $310. This is the first time I've bought a new phone for her, and the most I've ever spent on a phone.

Just replaced my Dad's Pixel 2XL with a Pixel 5 for $160.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
About 25% of people with satellite radio in their car have an active subscription. Yes, Sirius XM pays for the cost of the equipment.

Sirius XM is going to sunset their Sirius system in 2027. Since the Sirus + XM merger they have been continuing to maintain and broadcast over two sets of satellites to honor their agreements with automakers. in 2027 those original contracts expire.
The sats already exist, so it seems the best plan would be to take subscribers until they malfunction. Kind of like a nuke plant, the expensive part is building it in the first place, and it's super cheap to operate afterwards.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!