View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 05:18 PM   #1102 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Perhaps we need a dedicated Science News tread, like the Garfield Cartoonist one.
What's the point? I don't think anyone believes in science anymore nor can you pinpoint what truly is scientific in this world of 99.9999999% misinformation. We are a in a world full of obstinate, stubborn opinions that rule more than anyone actually doing anything scientific. If one side says the sky is purple the other says it's chartreuse. As a species, we prefer to criticize everyone else rather than to try to do something good for others. We are quick to be offended by everyone and everything, even by the very few altruistic actions intended to help us.

I say just forget it. If people want to believe the world is flat, round, parabolic or plaid, just let them, I don't care. As a society we're probably doomed due to our attitudes more than anything. Whether those attitudes will result in everyone dying from natural disasters, nuclear war, or the Earth tilting and everyone sliding off of it is all debatable. But unless we can all agree on something, anything and everything will be an uphill battle.