View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 11:06 AM   #82 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,226 Times in 4,653 Posts
'telling me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
I follow your website. Yeah testing is hard. Usually the best way that I’ve been “ testing drag” is “ feel of my car”. I drive so much that I can tell if something is off. Like you know how you can feel that difference in driving power on a wet road versus smooth dry concrete? I can kind of feel the diff with aero drag. I can feel how my car drives with and without my side mirrors on since I put them back on any time I go somewhere for an oil change or tire rotation and balance and so on. I know it’s not scientific, but it’s like muscle memory.

For example, people here are telling me to start my “ boat tail” at the end of my spoiler, and not to follow the roof line of my hatch because it doesn’t “ match the template “

But I’m assuming I can just extend the roofline and then add a spoiler for pressure recovery and maintain attached flow and tuft test it. Obviously I’d be able to “ feel” a diff with a boat tail keeping attached flow even if it’s not the template. I mean a Tesla model 3 has a pretty steep rear roof but a little spoiler and keeps attached flow
*Presently, aerodynamic engineers are earning an average, $ 109,499 ( US ) a year.
* At 50-weeks a year.
* 40-hours a week.
* 2,000-hours a year.
* It works out at $ 54.75/hour ( a bargain! )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You might consider going on Thomasnet, and procure a professional consultant who'll collaborate on your project.
It doesn't seem that anything short of this will ever satisfy you.