View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Milwaukee Hybrid Group 10/18/08 Meeting

This past Saturday, October 18th, 2008, I attended the Milwaukee Hybrid Group Meeting.

It was sort of fun to start off teaching firefighters! One of the members who is a tech expert on Prius took local firefighters on a tour of the inside of a Prius.

He showed them what safety features it has on it, where to put the "Jaws of Life" or not, etc.

I got a couple of good ideas for safety features for my electric car conversion. For example, if the Prius rolls over, or the airbags go off, the batteries automatically are disconnected.

Other highlights of the meeting included hearing about Wayne Gerdes (CleanMPG) and a few other group members are going to be doing a 48-State Run. They are going to drive around the entire lower 48 states in Hybrid Civics, going for max mpgs. I haven't looked yet, but I know there is plenty of info on that event over at CleanMPG.com.

We also got to hear about the new DRIVE SMART AMERICA driver instruction program, including one of it's first graduates attending the meeting.

I took a look at the training manual.

Here is the "for more info" page in the back. Looks who's at number two! (Ignore #1, like I said, Wayne is a member of the group there as well, and Doax hasn't been pulling his fair share of the meetings )

Anywho - it's always a fun event, well worth visiting.

If you are in the SE Wisconsin area, meetings are typically the 3rd Saturday morning of every other month.

We have doorprizes and food!

`

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos