View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 07:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.54 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
People claim that banks should offer savings account with large returns, like 5%, to benefit people [who aren't smart enough to invest].

Right now CIT Bank is offering 4.75% and that is the single-highest rate I can find.

I have $9,000 in the bank and at some point I should really move it into a bank that provides a higher interest rate, but my offer still stands to Mom: Make the arrangements so that my brother and I inherit her house and I will help her pay off her remaining mortgage.

Right now she owes $18,000 and her rate is over 6%, but that will compound for years.

Of course, I should get around to doing things instead of waiting for her to do things, but I have so many things to do!

Like research ways to save the world when every time I conclude that we are doomed.

This indicates the average profit margin for a bank is around 4%: What Net Interest Margin Is Typical for a Bank?

The last page I read said that on-line banks usually offer much better rates than brick-and-mortar ones, which don't feel the need to compete for business.

I don't have any idea if banks could offer 5% profitably.

Many people don't care about profits, but it doesn't benefit anyone if banks go out of business.

People always make claims that the minimum wage should be $15-30 and I ask "Why not $50 an hour so someone working the minimum wage at McDonald's makes $100,000 annually?"

I am sure that some would agree with that, but since the average profit margin in the food industry is 5%, that would involve prohibitively-expensive Big Macs--or more automation.

When I posted about recycling glass there was a machine that would identify types of glass, labels, and bottle caps, and sort them using gusts of air.

Maybe we can finally recycle once we have sufficiently-advanced robotics (which resembles magic).

At some point I plan on asking ChatGPT about this, but I have been too busy with my own ideas and responding to the two of you.

I mentioned health problems from workers sorting plastic and didn't find anything with those specific articles.

I haven't specifically looked for it, but guess who can't get sick?

Robots.

They also don't give you attitude, strike, etc., although my devices never seem to work right, so maybe the android constructors in Star Wars were correct in designing pain sensors.

For the on-line program application due today:
Quote:
All application materials should be submitted to CSDCAS at least 3-4 weeks prior to the application deadline. Applications are not complete without the following required documentation.

Your Personal Essay should be 2-3 pages that expresses your goals for applying to the program.

Please upload your 25 hours of observation documentation including your full name, all observation dates, your supervisor's full name and their signature with their ASHA certification number
It seems like every SLP program has a picture of a lady pointing at her mouth.

In 8 years I have never simply pointed out my mouth and I have always wondered what these pictures were supposed to represent.

"No no, you need to talk with your mouth!"

I am guessing the S she is holding has something to do with it, but usually their mouths are open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aa6c9525-1ff2-4c3c-8420-091cb341d2cf-crop.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	33760